Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The big Sister

I'm Melyssa. The oldest sister. It's funny as you go through life it becomes more and more clear that your personality is very closely linked to your family placement. I'm loud, outgoing, independent, a little bossy, and a VERY good delegator. (I answered "we're fine" for years without even realizing it.)

The three of us grew up outside Washington, DC in Herndon, VA near Dulles Airport. I now live in Charleston, SC with my husband Dave and our 6 1/2 month old daughter, Emery. (who might i add is currently trying to help me type). Dave and I moved here in fall of 2007, two days after we got engaged. We moved into my parents condo (their vacation home) for 3 months while we got jobs and started to house hunt. We ended up living about 10 minutes away from the condo in a three bedroom house. A house that would have been triple the price had we stayed in northern Virginia. It was a big change, but i truly feel like I could live anywhere. Dave, on the other hand, has to be by the ocean. He's a fisherman, it's his passion. So here we are one mile from the Wando River and 15 minutes to the beach. It's perfect except for the heat. Emery will have a very different up brining then I did.

Job: I went to school for E-commerce and Web Marketing and low and behold I'm actually doing something close to my major. That can't be said about all my jobs, but this one might hold me for a while. When I got pregnant I was working as a marketing coordinator at a container manufacturer here in Charleston. I enjoyed it but it wasn't taking me where I needed to be. So I joined up with two of my friends and we started our own buisness. A web design and web programming firm called KMK Web. I can work from home and have a great deal of flexibility. Now that also means I work at night and on the weekends, but I really like it.

So there ya go, the short version of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment