Sunday, May 15, 2011

Hello again

Moe & Nat,

Sorry I have just completely abandoned this, but hello again.

Of the moment, I did a Jillian Michaels DVD yesterday and then went for a run this morning and I am in a considerable amount of pain (sore). Like so much so that I had to put my hands down first on the toilet seat to ease myself down. Seriously, it hurts.. so maybe I need to get in better shape. But I had a great run around Prospect Park. It is one of my favorite places in the city and running there is so nice. There is run/bike/emergency vehicle road that goes all the way around the park and there are so many other people running and biking, and I love it.

The only thing I don't love, is my fear of weirdos. A woman I work with has run 13 marathons and we were talking about running and she told me to wear a hat when I run so that I look like a boy. And to never run in Central Park. So, today since it was rainy I wore a hat to 1. look like a boy, and 2. to keep the rain out of my eyes. First time I've worn a hat running and it worked out, but really not sure how much of a boy I looked like. My doorman asked if I was on a softball team... so maybe I just looked like a lesbian, which may also help in warding off attackers.

One of my other favorite places in the city is Madison Square Park right near where I work. I come up from the Subway on one side of the park and get to walk through to the other side everyday, and I swear they must plant new flowers everyday. I will take pictures next time it's nice outside.

And speaking of the Subway, I've come to love it for the ease of hopping on and off whenever, wherever, not ever worrying about traffic or parking and being able to read or listen to music. But, all of this glory comes with a price. And that price is called flatulence. I argue with Hunt regularly about which is better the Path (train from Manhattan to Jersey) or the Subway. I do agree with Hunt's argument that the Path is less smelly, but the Subway is so much more reliable and faster (usually). So the other morning would have been a solid victory for Hunt... while squeezed into a car on the Q train, I started to smell something... gross....and lo and behold, it was a fart. And a really smelly one, and then another one.... I tried to keep my nose in my jacket, but it was bad. Now, in general on the train, once you are in a spot, it's unlikely that you would move while the train is going. It's only when people are getting on and off do people tend to move around. So, after a little while of people basically holding their breath around me, this one guy, who looks particularly bothered by the smell, closes his book and moves through the sardine-packed crowd to the other end of the car. And wouldn't you know it, the smell went away too! I thought he was running away out of disgust from someone else's stink, but he was the culprit! Hope he didn't ruin too many other people's mornings.

Love you guys!
Liv

1 comment:

  1. By the way, who gets to be the black girl in the picture above?

    ReplyDelete